Meeting Tonight: 2023-Apr-11 18:30 - Lossless Computation

Ben Francis

Apr 11, 2023, 5:04:56 PM4/11/23
to Col...@googlegroups.com
Yes, we're meeting tonight! Online only: https://meet.jit.si/sclugs

Ben

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Jas Eckard <jas+...@eckard.com>
Date: Tue, Apr 4, 2023, 5:29 PM
Subject: [UCLUG] Next Meeting: 2023-Apr-11 18:30 - Lossless Computation
To: UCLUG <uc...@googlegroups.com>

Hey, y'all!  Can you believe it's Q2 already?  Happy Easter!

Our April meeting is on the 11th at 18:30, normal location:

    201 Riverplace Suite 500
    Greenville, SC

Or, you can connect with us online along with ColaLUG on Jitsi at:

    https://meet.jit.si/sclugs

This month, Bobby Meier will be giving the topic:

    Lossless Computation: Galois, Reed-Solomon, and Fourier

    Chemical or Mechanical processing always suffers from friction and
entropy increase. Likewise general information processing always loses
information and increases entropy.

    However, computation or transmission, in a Galois field is
reversible and thus no information is lost. Reed-Solomon error
correction and Fast Fourier Transforms in a Galois field perform with
precision every day what was unbelievable "startrek magic" less than 3
decades ago.

If you'd like to "sign in" so I can get an idea of who might be
attending, please do so at:

    https://gettogether.community/events/30297/apr-2023-meeting-lossless-computation/

--Jas
 .