Paypal problem

Terry Hess

May 7, 2013, 2:07:32 PM5/7/13
to tlhe...@yahoo.com
Friends
I received this from a friend I do business with.  He
does numismatic related auctions.

Terry

Sent: Monday, May 6, 2013 12:56 PM
Subject: Anything Anywhere - check this out

Hi.  This is the result of a note a client put on a paypal payment he tried to make:

Hello

Thank you for providing us with information about your account.

PayPal’s Compliance Department has reviewed your account and identified
activity that may be in violation of United States regulations administered
by the Department of the Treasury’s Office of Foreign Assets Control
(OFAC).

PayPal is committed to complying with and meeting its regulatory
obligations. One obligation is to ensure that our customers, merchants,
and partners are also in compliance with applicable laws and regulations,
including those set forth by OFAC, in their use of PayPal.

It has come to our attention that you’re advertising PayPal as a method of
payment for the sale of items of North Korean origin. Please note you are
no longer able to buy or sell items of North Korean, Cuban, Syrian,
Sudanese, or Iranian origin.

To ensure that activity and transactions comply with current regulations,
PayPal is requesting that you complete the following:

1. Remove PayPal as a payment option or
2. Segregate your checkout to disallow PayPal as a method of payment
for items of North Korean origin or
3. Remove all items of North Korean origin from your website
4. Agree to no longer undertake activities in violation of laws,
regulations and rules as outlined in PayPal’s User Agreement

Any further violations will result in the closure of your account. As a
result of the violation, details of your account and the transaction have
been reported to OFAC.

+++++++
Of course I will adopt option 2.  For your part it will be good in future if you do not write any notes to go with a payment you make through paypal.

You are free to tell all your friends that this happened.