Fraud Alert

Nicholas Pyle

Sep 10, 2015, 2:53:55 PM9/10/15
to Numismatists United for Political Action (NUPA)
We received the below information from Doug Davis.  I have attached Sather's
mug shot also.  Thank you.

                                                  Traveling Suspect

Dealers and Coin Show Promoters should be on the look out for Michael Sather
who has been writing bad checks across the country. Sather was at the
Dublin, Ohio coin show on Saturday September 5, 2015 and wrote a check to a
dealer for $29,000. Sather is a very smooth operator and can easily make you
believe his story. He wrote the dealer a check on his business account
"Mike's Coins & Collectibles" with an address in Effingham,IL. He also
provided identification that included an EIN number along with a drivers
license number.

Information has been received that Sather may be traveling to the the
Tinley Park Coin show that will be held September 10-12,2015. However, this
could only be a diversion. Based upon the current trail of offenses he could
travel anywhere.

Warrants have been issued in Illinois and pending in several other States.
We will be contacting the thirty Detectives from Illinois who recently took
the Numismatic Crime Investigation class during the ANA and request them to
send out a statewide bulletin on Stather.

        PLEASE SHARE/FORWARD THIS ALERT TO OTHER DEALERS/LISTS ETC.,

Anyone with information should contact:

Doug Davis
817-723-7231
Do...@numismaticcrimes.org

The Numismatic Crime Information Center is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit
corporation. P.O. Box 14080 Arlington, Texas 76094.

michael.sather.jpg