Trying to use Coin3D on Ubuntu... cmake can't find Coin3D

Ed Smith-Rowland

May 7, 2019, 3:23:09 PM5/7/19
to coin3d-discuss
Greetings,

First thank you to all who brought Coin3D back from the brink.

I built Coin and SoQt on Ubuntu bionic with no problems (using cmake).
Now when I put this in my CMakeLists.txt:

list(APPEND CMAKE_MODULE_PATH "/usr/local/lib/cmake")
find_package(Coin3D CONFIG REQUIRED)
find_package(SoQt CONFIG REQUIRED)
I get:
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:28 (find_package):
  Could not find a package configuration file provided by "Coin3D" with any
  of the following names:

    Coin3DConfig.cmake
    coin3d-config.cmake

  Add the installation prefix of "Coin3D" to CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH or set
  "Coin3D_DIR" to a directory containing one of the above files.  If "Coin3D"
  provides a separate development package or SDK, be sure it has been
  installed.

What incantation should I use?

v.r.en...@googlemail.com

May 7, 2019, 3:42:59 PM5/7/19
to coin3d-discuss
Hi Ed,

AFAIK the package name is Coin not Coin3D. Can you try that?

Cheers, Volker

Ed Smith-Rowland

May 7, 2019, 3:46:11 PM5/7/19
to coin3d-discuss
This did it:

 list(APPEND CMAKE_MODULE_PATH "/usr/local/lib/cmake")

Ed