release of coin libraries?

Lorenz L.

Feb 26, 2018, 5:30:33 AM2/26/18
to coin3d-discuss
Is there a new release for the coin-libraries planned? For coin-qt5-packages it would be nice to have some kind of official release with increased versions. Maybe a beta-release make already sense.

Or are there still some tasks to do to get all packages build with cmake and qt5?

Markus Rickert

Mar 9, 2018, 4:24:38 AM3/9/18
to coin3d-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

it would be nice to have a tagged version of the current status of the
libraries. Debian currently only provides a package of SoQt for Qt4 and
it would be nice to include support for Qt5.

Additionally, I think package definitions for Windows using vcpkg and
definitions for Mac using Homebrew would also be useful for a lot of
Coin users. These typically use a tagged stable version and an option
for the current development version.

For Mac and Qt5, a patch similar to the one for Quarter is required in
order to support high DPI displays properly. I've recently added a pull
request for SoQt that should address this.

Best regards,

Markus Rickert
> --

fortiss · Landesforschungsinstitut des Freistaats Bayern
An-Institut Technische Universität München
Guerickestraße 25
80805 München
Germany
Tel.: +49 (89) 3603522 43
Fax: +49 (89) 3603522 50
E-Mail: ric...@fortiss.org
http://www.fortiss.org/

Amtsgericht München: HRB: 176633
USt-IdNr.: DE263907002, Steuer-Nr.: 143/237/25900
Rechtsform: gemeinnützige GmbH
Sitz der Gesellschaft: München
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Harald Rueß, Thomas Vallon
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Dr. Manfred Wolter

Leopold Palomo-Avellaneda

Mar 9, 2018, 4:37:46 AM3/9/18
to coin3d-...@googlegroups.com, Markus Rickert
On 09/03/18 10:24, Markus Rickert wrote:
> Hi,
>
> it would be nice to have a tagged version of the current status of the
> libraries. Debian currently only provides a package of SoQt for Qt4 and
> it would be nice to include support for Qt5.

Hi,

I'm working with Debian-Science team to have a new version of coin and soqt in
Debian (after Ubuntu). Anton Gladky prepare Coin 4.0 with CMake that it's in
experimental. I have prepared a new version that solve some issues.

Today, I have finished the package of SoQt with Qt5. I'm in the testing process
preparing it to push it in Debian.

Just FYI,

Leopold

Linux User 152692 GPG: 05F4A7A949A2D9AA
Catalonia
-------------------------------------
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.

Markus Rickert

Mar 12, 2018, 2:56:01 PM3/12/18
to Leopold Palomo-Avellaneda, coin3d-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

> I'm working with Debian-Science team to have a new version of coin and soqt in
> Debian (after Ubuntu). Anton Gladky prepare Coin 4.0 with CMake that it's in
> experimental. I have prepared a new version that solve some issues.
>
> Today, I have finished the package of SoQt with Qt5. I'm in the testing process
> preparing it to push it in Debian.

thanks for the info, this sounds great. I'm looking forward to using
this package when it's available.

Best regards,

Markus Rickert

Lorenz L.

Mar 14, 2018, 4:21:05 AM3/14/18
to coin3d-discuss
nice to see also others have interest in a qt5-compatible version too.
My prolem currently is also soqt. I have a recipe which build soqt with qt5 on all supported plattforms of conda:
https://github.com/conda-forge/staged-recipes/pull/5307
But it uses some copied sources, which is not accepted. The problem is that bitbucket doesn't allow to download the full source (with submodules). Therefor a release of the whole package would be very nice to have.

nice regards
Lorenz

Kurt Kremitzki

Sep 2, 2018, 8:11:39 PM9/2/18
to coin3d-discuss
I too would like to see some officially tagged releases, as now the Debian packages are sometimes dozens of commits behind on several of the coin-family packages. It would be nice to cut releases sooner rather than later just to get, for example, unified CMake support out in all the packages.

I've already prepared a cmake-supporting simage package based on current master. Perhaps we could start with a release there to get things rolling?

I've mostly already gone through the coin and soqt packages already, and I'll be doing the first packaging of quarter as well (surprising that it isn't already in the Debian archives.) I'm a few days away from officially becoming a Debian Maintainer so now would be a good time to get all of this done.

Giampiero Gabbiani

Sep 3, 2018, 2:35:20 AM9/3/18
to coin3d-discuss
Hi Kurt,
cpack.d provides unified cpack support, and it is thought to produce packages for Debian, Fedora and Ubuntu in a unified manner on all the Coin collection libraries (actually it is merged in the simage and Coin, I was working on integrating on SoQt too).
Could you try it and tell us if it is ok?

@Bastiaan - Last week I had the ok from my company, if you think it is worth I can join the team now.

Regards
Giampiero

Kurt Kremitzki

Oct 20, 2018, 1:31:34 AM10/20/18
to coin3d-...@googlegroups.com

Hi Giampiero,

Sorry to get back to you so late. To be honest, I hadn't used it at all because the tarballs available on the Downloads page of the Bitbucket repository don't include the cpack.d folder. But it doesn't seem too vital for my needs since the Debian build system handles the packages well enough.

In the time since your message, I have officially become a Debian Maintainer. I see from looking at the different Coin-family repositories, there's been a flurry of activity in the past month and a half or so! I would really like to get all these updated libraries in to Debian ASAP--with the upcoming freeze for Debian 10 coming, I would estimate there's about a month left to tag releases for these libraries for me to get them in with time to spare.

Giampiero Gabbiani

Oct 23, 2018, 1:03:32 PM10/23/18
to coin3d-discuss
Hi Kurt,

I got your point, and yes, cpack.d is meant for who want to have an installable version of Coin before the official release. Nevertheless consider that - once a cpack configuration is available - it could be used for whatever component of the Coin3D collection (I actually use the same Fedora configuration for simage, Coin, SoQt, Quarter and SmallChange).

Regards
Giampiero