Problems in building SoWin with CMake

sen.r...@gmail.com

Apr 22, 2018, 8:59:45 AM4/22/18
to coin3d-discuss
Hi All,

I could successfully build Coin4, and Simage1, with CMake, but when it comes to SoWin then I get some CMake errors which I am unable to understand and fix, below is the short description what I did

Just as I did for other packages I have given the same path for source and build in CMake window and the I got this error

CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:36 (message):
SoWin requires an out of source build. Please create a separate build
directory and run 'cmake <path_to_SoWin> [options]' from there.

So then I made a separate folder as shown in the image below, and then started configuring, and then I got this error

CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:199 (add_subdirectory):
add_subdirectory given source "data" which is not an existing directory.

CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:200 (add_subdirectory):
add_subdirectory given source "src/Inventor/Win/common" which is not an
existing directory.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks in advance

Regards

Ranojay

v.r.en...@googlemail.com

Apr 23, 2018, 2:00:32 AM4/23/18
to coin3d-discuss
Hi Ranojay,

you need to clone the SoAnyData and the SoGui repositories of Coin3D too, because the are needed as supbrepos in SoWin.

Cheers Volker

Ranojay Sen

Apr 23, 2018, 8:04:54 AM4/23/18
to coin3d-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot Volker

I will surely give it a try, in the mean time I however could actually build SoWin1.5.0, the only problem there was, it was looking for the "SoColorEditor.h" which was not in the repository, So I simply excluded those files from the build, and that solved my problem

I will try the method you mentioned

Regards
Ranojay

.0

v.r.en...@googlemail.com

Apr 23, 2018, 9:18:24 AM4/23/18
to coin3d-discuss
Hi Ranojay,

just had another look what may have been wrong.

Did you called

or did you just simply downloaded the repository?

You're gonna need to clone the repo because downloading only gets you the contents of the repository not all of its subrepos.

Cheers Volker
Thanks a lot Volker

.0
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to coin3d-discus...@googlegroups.com.