Fwd: [SCA-Northshield] Cancellation of Nordskogen 12th Night

Daniel Topp

Dec 29, 2021, 9:54:05 PM12/29/21
to Canton Mailing Group Google

Something something something

From: sca-nor...@googlegroups.com <sca-nor...@googlegroups.com> on behalf of Gabriel Kjotvason <gab...@andvaka.net>
Sent: Wednesday, December 29, 2021 8:53:12 PM
To: sca-nor...@googlegroups.com <sca-nor...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: [SCA-Northshield] Cancellation of Nordskogen 12th Night

Unto all who read these words,

It is with heavy heart that we announce that we are cancelling the Barony of Nordskogen’s Twelfth Night event.

Due in part to the omicron variant, COVID cases in Minnesota are rising, and as I write this there are only 1% of the ICU beds in the Nordskogen area open. Given that, and looking at the spike in COVID cases that occurred two weeks after Thanksgiving, we believe that it is best for the Barony and Kingdom if we cancel this event. While we want to see our friends and family at our event, we do not want to have any of you catching COVID from this event.

If you had pre-registered for the event, please contact our exchequer (exchequer at nordskogen dot org) about a refund.
Their Excellencies will be having an online court that weekend, with the details to follow.

Thank you all for your patience and understanding in these difficult times.

In service,
Gabriel and Caoilfhionn, Baron and Baroness of Nordskogen
Countess Jehanette, Baronial Seneschal
Dame Mary Elizabeth, Event Steward

--
Gabriel, Baron of Nordskogen