Request for support for the Map Review

Helen Campbell

Feb 17, 2015, 2:53:05 AM2/17/15
to coi-decision...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,  We are progressing well with the preparations for the Map Review, and should have a prototype of the data entry forms ready very soon.  For a reminder of what we are proposing, see https://docs.google.com/document/d/1B4SSxEF_1mF9nKZdKp3Qzoo1xkTTqWpjm0CBcNtxBrA/edit.

In order to get lots of enthusiastic volunteers to help carry out the review, i'm emailing to ask whether any of your organisations will be willing to put your names down in support of the review?  As mentioned previously, the data from the review will be open, and I hope it will be analysed in many ways, so that we can really get a comprehensive overview of the current state of crisis mapping.  I hope that the results will also be used at the proposed Decision Makers Needs workshop in May in Norway, and will feed into ideas for how to do real-time reviews of mapping during crises, so that we can identify mapping gaps in real time.

Please let me know if your organisations will be willing to support this.  Thanks, Helen

Martina Comes

Mar 2, 2015, 11:57:29 AM3/2/15
to coi-decision...@googlegroups.com
Hi Helen,

I would certainly be happy to support this via DRL, and can also try to promote it in the context of ISCRAM2015. Not sure if that will bring many volunteers, but will keep fingers crossed!

Helen Campbell

Mar 6, 2015, 3:40:40 AM3/6/15
to coi-decision...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Tina!

Any thoughts from any other members of the community?  Please see the presentation I put together for the Information Management Working Group at https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/17kdmBoSIgZitUM2l_5HNRc__Z8Fwvt6McWZhLm8fszg/edit#slide=id.p3

I now have a trial version of the data collection form for the review, and would appreciate it if any of you have the time to have a go at completing the form to assess whether it is user-friendly enough for volunteers to complete....  Thanks!

Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2015 08:57:29 -0800
From: tina.ma...@gmail.com
To: coi-decision...@googlegroups.com
Subject: [DMNeeds] Re: Request for support for the Map Review

Dennis King

Mar 6, 2015, 9:48:04 AM3/6/15
to coi-decision...@googlegroups.com
Helen,

Myself and maybe others at the State  Department's Humanitarian Information Unit can support and assist you.  I am not sure I understand the task - Reviewers will go through a select, designated number of map prodocts for a specific emergency and evaluate each one using the data collection form/questionairre.   Is that it?

I can't seem to find the trial version of the data collection form/questionairre - can you resend.

Dennis

From: helen_r...@hotmail.com
To: coi-decision...@googlegroups.com
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2015 08:40:39 +0000

Helen Campbell

Mar 6, 2015, 9:52:25 AM3/6/15
to coi-decision...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Dennis.  We're just at the stage of testing the data entry form.  Grab any map of the Philippines from Reliefweb, and then complete the form at https://snmsp.enketo.kobotoolbox.org/webform

Let me know if you have any problems with it, and what could/should be done to improve it (both to improve the ease of data entry, and to improve the usefulness of the results from the review).  Thanks!

To: coi-decision...@googlegroups.com
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2015 14:48:03 +0000

Martina Comes

Mar 7, 2015, 11:40:07 AM3/7/15
to coi-decision...@googlegroups.com
Just added some comments to the presentation and had a quick look at the questionnaire.
At first glance, it looks good - but very long, and I was wondering if it would be possible to insert some page breaks (at least later)?

Helen Campbell

Mar 9, 2015, 5:11:05 AM3/9/15
to coi-decision...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tina,  Thanks for the comments - yes I think there is a way to insert page breaks...  Will have a look.

Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2015 08:40:07 -0800

From: tina.ma...@gmail.com
To: coi-decision...@googlegroups.com