Fw: IM coordination webinar - recording and briefing papers now available

Helen Campbell

Jun 28, 2016, 4:06:13 AM6/28/16
to coi-decision...@googlegroups.com, coi-data...@googlegroups.com, l.cam...@alnap.org

Hi All,  Please see the email below from Leah.  I also saw the comment below on ALNAP's work on one of the skype groups i'm on:

Four short papers from ALNAP worth reading on a) improving coordination, b) involving national actors, c) information management and d) decision-making: http://www.alnap.org/coord-meeting. From the IM paper: "currently, many would argue that ‘strategic’ information needs, which give a high-level view of the whole response, are prioritised over ‘operational’ needs, i.e. more detailed descriptions of the situation on the ground ... They would like IM to be more operationally focused."

Also, there will be a webinar on the Coordinated Data Scramble (including recent projects using outputs from the Decision Makers Needs COI) - see details below.  Please let me know if you cannot join it, but would like to see the recording.

Webinar Title: Coordinated Data Scramble: Progress to date, lessons from previous emergencies and next steps
Presenter: Helen Campbell
Hosted By: IMWG Data Sub-Group

Date: Friday, July 1 2016
Time: 1:00pm CEST

Join Online: https://meet.lync.com/savethechildren1/lauren.burns/0LZONXEZ
Join by Phone:  +41912611463 (Toll Number)