ALNAP report on coordination meeting now available, supports work of DM needs group

Leah Campbell

Nov 28, 2016, 4:26:12 AM11/28/16
to coi-decision...@googlegroups.com

Dear Decision Makers Needs group,

I hope this email finds you all well.

I’m pleased to write and let you know that ALNAP have just published a report which documents the discussions and recommendations which emerged from the meeting ALNAP organised at the end of June around humanitarian coordination, including IM and decisionmaking issues.

You can find a shorter summary with recommendations at http://www.alnap.org/resource/23657 and the full report at  http://www.alnap.org/resource/23656.

The report includes a number of important and actionable recommendations, and makes specific reference to the work that has already been started by this group. We hope that the report is a useful support for your continuous work identifying IM needs of decisionmakers, which is an important and valuable contribution to the sector.

We are now working on disseminating the report and in particular, determining next steps for take up of the recommendations. If anyone has any further thoughts about what needs to happen next, and what if any role ALNAP might usefully play within that, please do get in touch.

Thank you again for all the work the group has done so far, and we hope to see much more in future.

All best,

Leah

Leah Campbell

Research Officer

Active Learning Network for Accountability and Performance in Humanitarian Action (ALNAP)

E-mail: l.cam...@alnap.org       Tel: +44 (0) 20 3327 6578

Twitter: @UrbanResponse            Web: www.alnap.org / www.urban-response.org

Disclaimer

The information contained in this e-mail and any attachment(s) may be confidential. It is intended for the named addressee(s) only. If you are not the named addressee please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose, copy or distribute the contents to any other person other than the intended addressee(s). The Overseas Development Institute is registered in England and Wales - Company No. 661818 - Charity No. 228248. Registered office address: 203 Blackfriars Road, London. SE1 8NJ.

This email has been scanned for viruses and malware, and may have been automatically archived by Mimecast Ltd, an innovator in Software as a Service (SaaS) for business. Providing a safer and more useful place for your human generated data. Specializing in; Security, archiving and compliance. To find out more Click Here.