FW: Updates on ALNAP coordination work - webinars and roundtable summary

Helen Campbell

Jan 28, 2016, 11:43:42 AM1/28/16
to coi-decision...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,  Sharing a message from Leah that I hope will be of interest to you.  I will also soon have some exciting updates for you about the partnership that is currently developing based on the work from this group, and the '72hr Information Needs' Focused Task Force established last year at the Humanitarian Networks and Partnerships meeting.  Thanks, Helen

From: l.cam...@alnap.org
To: helen_r...@hotmail.com
Subject: Updates on ALNAP coordination work - webinars and roundtable summary
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2016 21:28:44 +0000

Dear Helen,

I am writing to share some updates about ALNAP’s ongoing work on humanitarian coordination.

Firstly, we are organising the first of four webinars about humanitarian coordination on Feb 23rd. You can read more and register at https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/3758243265902203138

This webinar focuses on coordination across a humanitarian response, including issues like inter-sectoral coordination, national/sub-national coordination and coordination of cross-cutting issues.

Secondly, I’m pleased to share with you the summary report of two roundtables ALNAP held in October, hosted by the Global Shelter and WASH Clusters with participation from Nutrition Cluster members as well as members of the ALNAP network. The roundtables focused on humanitarian coordination, and drew on ALNAP’s study on the humanitarian Clusters as well as the experience of participants in the room.

The report can be downloaded at http://www.alnap.org/resource/21594.aspx.

The summary report documents the roundtables and, most importantly, the discussion recommendations made by participants themselves, who were a combination of national and global Cluster Coordinators, IMOs, Cluster Members as well as others involved in NGO coordination and global networks. Topics covered include: decisionmaking, information management, involvement of national NGOs and government in coordination mechanisms, trust and national/sub-national coordination.

At ALNAP, the report and webinar will inform the next stages of this workstream as ALNAP moves forward with planning a workshop meeting in June to take forward some of these key issues, bringing together expertise from within and outside of the humanitarian sector.

We hope you will join us for this webinar, and that you find the roundtable report useful and interesting, and thank you to those who participated.

All best wishes,

Leah

Leah Campbell

Researcher

Active Learning Network for Accountability and Performance in Humanitarian Action (ALNAP)

E-mail: l.cam...@alnap.org       Tel: +44 (0) 20 3327 6578

Twitter: @UrbanResponse            Web: www.alnap.org / www.urban-response.org

To keep up to date with ALNAP’s work, please visit www.alnap.org

The information contained in this e-mail and any attachment(s) may be confidential. It is intended for the named addressee(s) only. If you are not the named addressee please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose, copy or distribute the contents to any other person other than the intended addressee(s).