"Publishing" under DHN Decision Makers Needs COI?

Andrej Verity

Jun 22, 2018, 4:59:50 PM6/22/18
to coi-decision...@googlegroups.com, Robert Reid, Yunzi Wang, Emma Amaral

Dear Decision Makers,

I wanted to check with the Decision-Makers-COI to see if the group has any objections to "publishing" some papers that my interns are currently working on. For a couple of these, some of you may have already been interviewed!

Here are the 3 topics that RJ, Yunzi and Emma (copied) are working on that I think would fit nicely Decision-Marker-COI branded papers. This concept would follow past precedent (e.g. Workshop, Big Data, Taxonomy, etc).

  1. Situational Awareness: tools, services and partners
  2. Value of a (physical) social space in a crisis
  3. Exploratory study, using OCHA Situation Reports, to see if we have "used" more data to help inform decision makers

If you have any questions or comments, do let me know. If specific to a given topic, I can connect you to the respective focal point.

Kind regards,

Andrej

--

Andrej Verity

Digital Services, Information Management Branch (IMB)

United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA)

ver...@un.org   +1-646-642-2836   Skype: andrejverity

DJ King

Jun 24, 2018, 7:52:54 AM6/24/18
to coi-decision...@googlegroups.com, Robert Reid, Yunzi Wang, Emma Amaral, Dennis King

Andrej,

I would be interested in seeing the published papers.  Where would they be published.

I am hanging in there, trying to do my best despite things.

Dennis

Jun 25, 2018, 4:11:23 PM6/25/18
to coi-decision...@googlegroups.com, Robert Reid, Yunzi Wang, Emma Amaral, Dennis King

Hi Dennis,

Great! As each of these move along, my intention will be to share the drafts with the group to view/comment on.

Jul 27, 2018, 9:59:53 AM7/27/18
to coi-decision...@googlegroups.com, Robert Reid, coi-data...@googlegroups.com

FYI: copying the Data Scramble group as there as been some cross-interest

Hi all,

I wanted to let you know that RJ has a nearly final draft of Resources for Situational Awareness in Emergencies prepared! It has actually been submitted for (internal) editorial review - which will likely happen in the next 2-4 weeks.

If you are interested to see the current draft, you can online here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1iJCYQ8kodG-Fctir6i5Nfvs3XjlFSAIz4cvnqUGp2No/edit?usp=sharing

Cheers,

Andrej

Sent: Friday, June 22, 2018 4:39 PM