Coordinated Data Sramble/Map Review presentation and information sharing survey

Helen Campbell

Jul 13, 2016, 4:05:06 AM7/13/16
to coi-data...@googlegroups.com, coi-decision...@googlegroups.com

Hi All,  For those who were not able to join, here is the link to the presentation on the Coordinated Data Scramble and associated projects - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmsF743VRX0.  Thanks to Lauren Burns and the IMWG data subgroup for hosting and facilitating the presentation, and to the hundreds of people who have contributed to helping this project develop over the years (including HOT, SBTF, the two DH coordinators from the Nepal and Ebola responses, ACAPS, OCHA and many more!).  Please keep your thoughts and comments coming in so that we can keep this great collaborative and innovative project moving forwards!

Also, for those of you involved in the European Refugee and Migrant Crisis, here is a blog post on HDX for the recent collaborative work on Common Operational Datasets http://docs.humdata.org/common-operational-datasets-for-the-european-refugee-and-migrant-response/. Any thoughts/comments on future priorities for operational data sharing and interoperability for this response would be great!

Finally, I was recently contacted to ask for support in some research into information sharing - please see the email below in case you are able to respond to the survey.

Thanks all, Helen

Hello,

My name is Harry Brown,

The University of Exeter College of Life and Environmental Sciences is carrying out research in order to support information sharing between organisations for humanitarian causes. We have developed the following questionnaire for a first round of information gathering. It contains questions on existing protocols and standards; opportunities and obstacles; and definitions and terminology and it should take approximately 10 minutes to complete.

To find out more I have provided a comprehensive information sheet here.

Alternatively, I am also looking for participants for telephone interviews so if you would like to volunteer for a short call instead of completing the survey please email to let me know.

Privacy disclosure: any participation is voluntary and all data and responses are anonymised.

Kind regards

Harry Brown