FW: Report from the Marketplace of Ideas: Information Analysis: Sharing the load in the first 72 hours

Helen Campbell

Mar 31, 2015, 9:56:51 AM3/31/15
to coi-decision...@googlegroups.com, mcca...@un.org
Hi All, I'm forwarding the report from a workshop organised by Mark McCarthy during the Humanitarian Networks and Partnerships week 2015.  You will see in it that there is a proposal for development of a Task Force related to Information Management and Decision Makers Needs:

'...It sets the foundation for a Focused Task Force, made up of a various networks, to pursue this topic and hopefully identify opportunities to share information and analysis in a predictable and sustainable way.'

I wonder if one of the outcomes from the Decision Makers Needs workshop after ISCRAM in May could be the formation of the research arm of this task force?

I understand that they are looking for organisations to lead the Task Force - any takers?!

Thanks!  Helen

To: mcca...@un.org
Subject: Report from the Marketplace of Ideas: Information Analysis: Sharing the load in the first 72 hours
From: mcca...@un.org
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2015 12:12:36 +0200

Dear Colleagues,

Thank you for your active participation in the marketplace session from the Humanitarian Networks and Partnership Week 2015. I wanted to share with you a more detailed summary of the session which I have attached below. It was a busy session and a fruitful one. I hope the summary documents spurs many new ideas for everyone and inspires more in depth analysis in the future. Thanks to my colleagues Gintare Eidimtaite and Stefania Trassari for their assistance during the session.

The presentation used in the session is available here: http://prezi.com/pwl2zhz6r9b_/?utm_campaign=share&utm_medium=copy&rc=ex0share

You will find the summary of the entire event at the link: https://vosocc.unocha.org/PartnershipWeek/overview.htm

Finally, I mentioned briefly the Humanitarian.ID that is being developed by OCHA to support communications among emergency responders. My Colleagues have successfully completed the initial pilot in the Philippines and are targeting the initial public release for May 2015. I am pleased to share with you a brief video that highlights this valuable solution to a long standing challenge.

See the video:  https://vimeo.com/119424883
Visit the site: http://humanitarian.id/

Regards, Mark McCarthy
Field Information Services | Information Services Branch
United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA)
Email: mcca...@un.org | Skype: mccarthy.m_unocha.org
Land +41 (0)22 917 5164  |  Mobile +41 (0)79 549 8936
www.unocha.org

Marketplace - Info Analysis - The first 72 hours V1.0.docx

Martina Comes

Apr 3, 2015, 8:53:13 AM4/3/15
to coi-decision...@googlegroups.com, mcca...@un.org
Certainly very interesting, and establishing such a Task Force should, indeed, be one of our workshop aims.
I think it would be best to have this lead via a community, rather than one university / institution, and would be happy to run it via the DRL.

Kind regards,
Tina