1. N-partite and 2. ntwork redundancy [two issues from March 16]

Loet Leydesdorff

Mar 27, 2022, 5:46:20 AM3/27/22
to cogi...@googlegroups.com, Lucio Biggiero

Dear Lucio,

Thank you for your contribution to the discussion on March 16. Let us further discuss “relational redundancy”.  I worked on the difference between fractional counting at the network level as different from actor attributes in the paper attached. Perhaps, we can further develop this methodology?

Leydesdorff, L., & Park, H. W. (2017). Full and Fractional Counting in Bibliometric Networks. Journal of Informetrics 11(1), 117-200. doi: 10.1016/j.joi.2016.11.007 [see the attachment]

Let us continue this conversation in a skype conversation. What would be a convenient hour?

As for the bi-modality of documents, see also:

Iina Hellsten, Tobias Opthof & Loet Leydesdorff, N-mode network approach for socio-semantic analysis of scientific publications, Poetics 78 (2020) 101427; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.poetic.2019.101427

Best. Loet

_______________

Loet Leydesdorff

Professor emeritus, University of Amsterdam

Amsterdam School of Communication Research (ASCoR)

lo...@leydesdorff.net ; http://www.leydesdorff.net/

http://scholar.google.com/citations?user=ych9gNYAAAAJ&hl=en

joi.17.fractional.pdf

Caroline Wagner

Mar 27, 2022, 12:37:55 PM3/27/22
to cogi...@googlegroups.com, Lucio Biggiero
Dear Loet and Lucio,
If you meet to discuss this question, I would really like to join - is that possible? Let me know, thank you.
Caroline Wagner

--
Visit group at https://groups.google.com/g/cogitata?hl=en
---