Call For Participation – The Second CoR Book-Reading Group on “Cybernetics for the Social Sciences”

Jason Hu

Aug 11, 2022, 9:14:10 PM8/11/22
to Evolutionary Dynamics of Discursive Knowledge

Dear All:

The “slow-reading-book-group” for Loet Leydesdorff’s book “The Evolution Dynamics of Discursive Knowledge,” initialized by Jaimi last year, has been successful. We decided to sustain this way of idea exchange among our members by organizing the second reading group, starting in September.

The 2nd book we will read and discuss is “Cybernetics for the Social Sciences” by our member Bernard Scott. Many of you know Bernard in person, so I don’t need to introduce him; he has already done a good number of discussions in our club too. The book consists of 12 parts/chapters, but chapters 1 and 2 can be combined into one session (in my opinion); therefore, we will have 11 monthly sessions. The tentative dates are set for every Second Wednesday of the month, i.e.:

9/14/2022;   10/12/2022;   11/9/2022;   12/14/2022;   1/11/2023;   2/8/2023;

3/8/2023;   4/12/2023;   5/10/2023;   6/14/2023; 7/12/2023

The time will be our regular meeting time (different in different time zones) as posted in all our meeting reminders.

As usual, we need at least three discussants to conduct our session. So this message is an invitation for you to consider participating. Attached is the PDF format of Bernard’s book; please have a look, and I hope it will trigger you to share your insights.

Currently, we already have the following members signed up for this group:

-          Paul Pangaro

-          Thomas Manning

-          Tilak Shantanu

-          Lucas Pawlik

-          Gerard de Zeeuw

-          Raul Espejo

-          Chaime Marcuello

-          Jason Hu

-          Susan Liu

-          Bernard Scott

So please browse the book and let me know if you want to join us. If yes, please let me know within two weeks from today, i.e., before the end of August, so we can organize among the group which chapter/part to be focused on by whom.

Send me a direct email if you are joining this: Jasonth...@gmail.com

Please feel free to forward this invitation to whoever you think will be benefited from Bernard’s book and our discussions.

Best regards - Jason

BScott Cybernetics for the Social Sciences 10 May 2021.pdf

Jason Hu

Aug 11, 2022, 10:46:29 PM8/11/22
to Evolutionary Dynamics of Discursive Knowledge
I appologize for cross-posting - I meant to send this to the Club of Remy group but accidentally sent it here. worth knowing anyway. Best regards - Jason

Buchinger Eva

Aug 16, 2022, 6:57:02 AM8/16/22
to cogi...@googlegroups.com, Jasonth...@gmail.com

Hi Jason,

I will join the new reading group – but maybe just as a listener.

Best wishes

Eva

--
Visit group at https://groups.google.com/g/cogitata?hl=en