Cogawa Project Private group

TimLoal

Sep 3, 2009, 1:36:48 AM9/3/09
to Cogawa
I am really glad that we have got together and that Callum has taken
the first steps to creating a site and giving it a name. I like the
name very much as I feel it is simple, communicates the outline of the
project and has some depth.

I love thinking about systems and structures and have been doing it
for many years. Part of the benefit of this the many experiences of
the difficulties in creating the initial crystal of an idea, that the
rest of the structure can grow from. The biggest difficulty I find is
creating a structure inside the crystal, that will support it. It’s a
kind of infinite loop process. This is what I feel it will be most
productive to talk about here.

We aim to create a community, that will facilitate the collaboration
of many different individuals and organisation, to achieve goals in an
efficient and productive way. In a directly reflecting way, what we
want need to do to achieve this goal is the way that participants in
the community will need to do also. To achieve our goal of
facilitating poly-collaboration we should simply create the systems we
need to achieve the primary project goal of creating a suitable
environment for collaboration.

We are a small but diverse group, if feel that we need to connect more
and be open with our desires, directions, ideas, as they are all
different. Facilitating that process, in my mind, requires
interaction through the site and good structures to plan and direct
the project. The first discussions I feel should focus on how the
Cogawa site can be improved to this end.

I don’t really want to talk about this in public and have created a
private group on Cogawa, to be added to this group, join the Cogawa,
if you haven’t already, accept the friend link and I’ll invite you.

Tim

Callum

Sep 24, 2009, 8:39:30 PM9/24/09
to Cogawa
Holamigos,

Catching up with email. Tim and I have been talking off-list. I'll
summarise some of my points and respond publicly here.

I'll be brief and say that I'm opposed in principle to private groups.
I fundamentally believe in transparency, openness and inclusion. I
feel that any form of private discussion is at odds with that. In
certain specific cases, I can understand the motivation for a private
discussion. In this case, in this early forming stage, I encourage and
promote total transparency. Let us see and be seen, let us discuss in
the light of openness.

Be well amigos - Callum.