Fwd: [fosscomm] Happy 25th Birthday Linux kernel !

अभिजित Abhijit

Aug 27, 2016, 11:50:42 AM8/27/16
to cofsug
FYI

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Mohit Singh <gmohi...@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, Aug 25, 2016 at 11:15 AM
Subject: [fosscomm] Happy 25th Birthday Linux kernel !
To: glug-meerut <glug-...@googlegroups.com>, Indian FOSS Community Network list <net...@lists.fosscom.in>
Cc: rms <r...@gnu.org>

Dear Software Freedom Fighters,

It was 25th August 1991, 8:57:08 PM GMT when Linus Torwalds officially announced birth of Linux on Minix newsgroup.

On 25th August 2016, 8:57:08 PM GMT ( 26th August 2016, 2:27:08 AM IST) , our  Linux Kernel will become 25 years old.

We urge all of you to celebrate this event as a reinforcement of need for free ideas for software.

Lets hope to see more software freedom efforts in next 25 years. Let's wish that Indian contribution to software freedom see new heights in times to come.

Happy GNU/Linuxing,

Mohit Singh,
GLUG Meerut