Java 8 & CoFoJa

Agustin BERROCAL MENA

Jun 10, 2014, 10:14:26 AM6/10/14
to cof...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

I'm Agustin BERROCAL and I work on a Belgium Payroll system for 10 years.
My colleague Eric Fafchamp has already contacted you in the past.
It will be 2 years now that we successfully decided to migrate our applications Eiffel to Java.
We chose CoFoJa as a library for support Design By Contract and are very satisfied with the service provided.
Now, Java 8 is released recently and we are also very interested in the novelty of the lambda expressions.
I would not personally have to pass me, even momentarily, the power of the DBC but everyone in the company does not agree ...
Also, can you tell us when we could have a version of CoFoJa compatible with Java 8?

We are using:
      - Windows 7
      - Java 8
      - cofoja-1.1-r150

Sincerely,

Agustin

Nhat Minh Lê

Jun 11, 2014, 3:28:09 PM6/11/14
to cof...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am well aware that users have been asking for Java 8 support, and
someone even sent me a patch for it (thanks!). Unfortunately, I have
been really busy with life and work recently and could not really put
the time needed into Cofoja.

Java 8 support is there somewhere on my TODO list but I can't say for
certain when I will be able to work on it. I'm guessing I should
probably find some time to hack on it between now and August; in the
meantime, you're welcome to try the patches posted on the bug tracker
by the other users, if you want.

Cheers,
Nhat