THANK YOU TO THE GREAT PEOPLE WHO TOOK A CHANCE ON HIM

lena st.pierre

Mar 29, 2021, 7:42:49 PM3/29/21

Abused Dog Who Used To Think He Didn’t Deserve To Live, Determinedly Overcomes All The Odds To Become A Happy Dog

044238

Everyone deserves love and happiness! And this is no exception to animals, especially animals who are abused and neglected by cruel people. Unfortunately, not every animal gets a second chance at a happy life. Many poor animals have to fend for themselves and try to survive in difficult circumstances.

Apollo was once one of those animals. When he arrived at Texas Animal Care Services in San Antonio, he was in bad shape and poor health due to being abused. He curled up in his kennel and cried, and he was obviously scared of humans! After everything happened in his past, he thought he didn’t deserve to live anymore.

When loving family saw a photo of him on social media, they decided to do something to help him. Vets told them he had not been well socialized and would never make a good pet. They also diagnosed him with deadly distemper. However, the family refused to believe that. Despite his physical and mental problems, they still adopted him and took him home.

Thanks to the help and care of the family, Apollo recovered from his distemper and slowly became a beautiful and happy dog. His transformation is unbelievable.

Shortly after being rescued, his new owner Megan Cook said:

“We brought him home, and we gave him food, and a bed, and everything a puppy wants. You should have seen how excited he was when we fed him in those first few months. He recovered entirely from his illness. Slowly, he became the best dog, even at times very cuddly. His favorite thing on the planet is our morning walks.

He is loving, confident, and sweet–the perfect family pet.

He is our tiny dachshund’s best friend in the world. Recently we had a baby, and from the moment we brought our baby home, Apollo adopted the baby as if he were his own puppy.”

Apollo is now living his best life. He overcame all the odds to become the perfect family pet. If Apollo can come back from an abusive situation, then any dog can! Share if you believe all dogs deserve another chance at happiness.

h/t: Reshareworthy