Recommended approach for header / footer place holders in layout

Eric Smith

Feb 6, 2012, 1:21:40 AM2/6/12
to coff...@googlegroups.com
I want to provide place holders for content in my layout template that I can implement in my child templates.  I have tried everything I can think of but I can only specify string values to be placed in the place holders and not complete html sections.

layout:
doctype 5
html lang: 'en', ->
  head ->
    title "#{@title} - Site" if @title?
    text @headsection if @headsection?
  body ->
    p 'some content'

child template:
@title = 'blah'

@headsection = ->
  script src: 'blah'

p 'Child content'

Eric Smith

Feb 8, 2012, 3:39:18 PM2/8/12
to coff...@googlegroups.com
Crickets.  Bummer.  I REALLY like coffeekup, but the project seems to be dead.

Jason King

Feb 8, 2012, 5:08:36 PM2/8/12
to coff...@googlegroups.com
I share your frustration :(  I think Maurice is the only pusher, and so unfortunately when he's busy, he's busy.

David Noelte

Mar 13, 2012, 6:38:43 AM3/13/12
to coff...@googlegroups.com
there is some intentation to keep the project alive!

so dont get frustrated open an issue on the github page

thanks