Ann Arbor Women's Coding Group

Eileen Quintero

Jun 24, 2013, 2:53:24 PM6/24/13
to coffeeho...@googlegroups.com
Hi Coffee House Coders!

I wanted to let any women who go to/consider going to Coffee House Coders about a new group. It's friendly to any and all coding experiments and skills. I unfortunately can never make it to Thursday's coffee house coders meetings, and I would like to spend more time coding and establishing relationships with other women in IT. So I've started a coding group for women:

Wednesdays at 8:30pm for 1 hour. First meeting is this week, June 26th at Espresso Royale on State St! yay!

See you there!

Happy coding! :)
~Eileen.

Tangential topics:

This is a cool NPR article about Female Programmers (we are 20% or less of the IT workforce): http://www.npr.org/blogs/alltechconsidered/2013/04/29/178810467/blazing-the-trail-for-female-programmers

And if anyone is into reading books about professional development (and if you manage women, code with women, or are a professional woman), I'm reading the book "Lean In" and it's very interesting. So even if you don't make it to this new group, email me to chat about the book if you want. I'm on chapter 3! or email me a book you liked and I'll read it.