** Apologies for cross-posting **
** Please forward to anybody who might be interested. **
The Deusto Institute of Technology (DeustoTech)
) from the University of Deusto (Bilbao,
Spain) is looking for a full-time post-doctoral researcher. The position
is offered in the frame of a Horizon 2020 project. The contract will
have a duration of 3 years under a regular employment contract with full
social security coverage.
We are looking for a post-doctoral researcher with a solid knowledge
background in Artificial Intelligence and more specifically in the areas
of optimisation using metaheuristics and deep learning. The researcher
will perform the following functions:
- Autonomous execution of international, national and regional projects
in collaboration with the PI of the project.
- Modelling and solving optimisation problems using metaheuristic
techniques to tackle problems related to the optimisation of transport
- Modelling and design of Deep Reinforcement Learning techniques for the
optimisation of transport networks.
- Design and development of software modules for deploying optimisation
models based on metaheuristics or Deep Reinforcement Learning models in
- Drafting of reports and writing of scientific papers.
- Support in interaction and communication with the rest of the project
- Technical and scientific development of research projects and
subsequent transfer in your area.
- Support in the materialisation of project proposals and offers from a
scientific-technical point of view.
- Support in the administrative management of the projects in which
he/she is involved.
- University degree in computer engineering, telecommunications
engineering, computer science, applied mathematics or similar.
- At least two years of experience as a PhD in areas related to
optimisation using metaheuristics and/or application of deep learning
- Solid technical and research background, proven through publications
in journals indexed in the Journal Citations Report.
- Solid programming experience in Java and/or Python.
- Experience in deep learning frameworks such as Tensorflow, Keras,
- Experience in executing research projects related to the application
of Artificial Intelligence techniques.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken).
It will be also considered as a plus:
- Experience in the application of Artificial Intelligence techniques in
the area of transport and, preferably, in the optimisation of transport
- Previous experience in the use and application of optimisation
techniques based on surrogate models.
- Previous experience in the use and application of Deep Reinforcement
- Previous participation in H2020 and/or FP7 projects.
Please, use this link to apply for the position: