Call for papers
for the 11th International Conference on Artificial Intelligence in
Music, Sound, Art and Design (EvoMUSART) · Please distribute · Apologies
11th International Conference on Artificial Intelligence in Music,
Sound, Art and Design (EvoMUSART) will take place on 20-22 April 2022,
as part of the evo* event.
EvoMUSART webpage: www.evostar.org/2022/evomusart/Extended submission deadline: 24 November 2021Conference: 20-22 April 2022
is a multidisciplinary conference that brings together researchers who
are working on the application of Artificial Neural Networks,
Evolutionary Computation, Swarm Intelligence, Cellular Automata, Alife,
and other Artificial Intelligence techniques in creative and artist
fields such as Visual Art, Music, Architecture, Video, Digital Games,
Poetry, or Design. This conference gives researchers in the field the
opportunity to promote, present and discuss ongoing work in the area.
must be at most 16 pages long, in Springer LNCS format. Each submission
must be anonymised for a double-blind review process.
papers will be presented orally or as posters at the event and included
in the EvoMUSART proceedings published by Springer Nature in a dedicated
volume of the Lecture Notes in Computer Science series.
addition, an agreement has been reached with Entropy journal (IF 2.524;
JCR Q2; ISSN 1099-4300) whereby it will publish a special issue of
EvoMUSART every year. Entropy journal has already published the special
issues entitled “Artificial Intelligence and Complexity in Art, Music,
Games and Design” for EvoMUSART 2020 (Volume 1) and 2021 (Volume 2). All
papers accepted in EvoMUSART 2022 will be encouraged to submit to a new
special issue of Entropy.
Indicative topics include but are not limited to:
* Systems that create drawings, images, animations, sculptures, poetry, text, designs, webpages, buildings, etc.;
* Systems that create musical pieces, sounds, instruments, voices, sound effects, sound analysis, etc.;
* Systems that create artefacts such as game content, architecture, furniture, based on aesthetic and/or functional criteria;
Systems that resort to artificial intelligence to perform the analysis
of image, music, sound, sculpture, or some other types of artistic
* Systems in which artificial intelligence is used to promote the creativity of a human user;
* Theories or models of computational aesthetics;
* Computational models of emotional response, surprise, novelty;
* Representation techniques for images, videos, music, etc.;
* Surveys of the current state-of-the-art in the area;
* New ways of integrating the user in the process (e.g. improvisation, co-creation, participation).
Submission link: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=evo2022
More information on the submission process and the topics of EvoMUSART: www.evostar.org/2022/evomusart/
Flyer of EvoMUSART 2022: http://www.evostar.org/2022/flyers/evomusart
Papers published in EvoMUSART: https://evomusart-index.dei.uc.pt
We look forward to seeing you in EvoMUSART 2022!
The EvoMUSART 2022 organisers
Sérgio Rebelo (publication chair)