Call for papers for
the 10th International Conference on Artificial Intelligence in Music,
Sound, Art and Design (EvoMUSART) · Please distribute · Apologies for
10th International Conference on Artificial Intelligence in Music,
Sound, Art and Design (EvoMUSART) will be held in Seville, Spain, on 7-9
April 2021, as part of the evo* event.
EvoMUSART webpage: www.evostar.org/2021/evomusartExtended submission deadline:
19 November 2020
Conference: 7-9 April 2021
Issue on Genetic Programming and Evolvable Machines — The journal
“Genetic Programming and Evolvable Machines" (Q2, IF: 1.78) will publish
a Special Issue called “Evolutionary computation in Art, music &
Design”. The editors of this Special Issue will be Juan Romero and
Penousal Machado. Some authors from EvoMUSART 2021 will be invited to
submit a new paper to this Special Issue.
The main goal of
EvoMUSART is to bring together researchers who are using Artificial
Intelligence techniques (e.g. Artificial Neural Network, Evolutionary
Computation, Swarm, Cellular Automata, Alife) for artistic tasks such as
Visual Art, Music, Architecture, Video, Digital Games, Poetry, or
Design. The conference gives researchers in the field the opportunity to
promote, present and discuss ongoing work in the area.
Accepted papers will be published by Springer Verlag in the Lecture Notes in Computer Science series.
welcome submissions which use Artificial Intelligence techniques in the
generation, analysis and interpretation of Art, Music, Design,
Architecture and other artistic fields. Submissions must be at most 16
pages long, in Springer LNCS format. Each submission must be anonymised
for a double-blind review process. The deadline for submission is 19
November 2020. Accepted papers will be presented orally or as posters at
the event and included in the EvoMUSART proceedings published by
Springer Verlag in a dedicated volume of the Lecture Notes in Computer
Indicative topics include but are not limited to:
* Systems that create drawings, images, animations, sculptures, poetry, text, designs, webpages, buildings, etc.;
* Systems that create musical pieces, sounds, instruments, voices, sound effects, sound analysis, etc.;
* Systems that create artefacts such as game content, architecture, furniture, based on aesthetic and/or functional criteria;
Systems that resort to artificial intelligence to perform the analysis
of image, music, sound, sculpture, or some other types of artistic
* Systems in which artificial intelligence is used to promote the creativity of a human user;
* Theories or models of computational aesthetics;
* Computational models of emotional response, surprise, novelty;
* Representation techniques for images, videos, music, etc.;
* Surveys of the current state-of-the-art in the area;
* New ways of integrating the user in the process (e.g. improvisation, co-creation, participation).
Submission link: https://easychair.org/my/conference?conf=evo2021
More information on the submission process and the topics of EvoMUSART can be found at: www.evostar.org/2021/evomusart
Papers published in EvoMUSART can be found at: https://evomusart-index.dei.uc.pt
We look forward to seeing you in Seville in 2021!
The EvoMUSART 2021 organisers
Nereida Rodríguez-Fernandez (publication chair)