Call for papers for the 10th International Conference on Artificial Intelligence in Music, Sound, Art and Design (EvoMUSART)
Please distribute (apologies for cross-posting)
10th International Conference on Artificial Intelligence in Music,
Sound, Art and Design (EvoMUSART) will be held in Seville, Spain, on 7–9
April 2021, as part of the evo* event.
EvoMUSART webpage: www.evostar.org/2021/evomusart
main goal of EvoMUSART is to bring together researchers who are using
Artificial Intelligence techniques (e.g. Artificial Neural Network,
Evolutionary Computation, Swarm, Cellular Automata, Alife) for artistic
tasks such as Visual Art, Music, Architecture, Video, Digital Games,
Poetry, or Design. The conference gives researchers in the field the
opportunity to promote, present and discuss ongoing work in the area.
Accepted papers will be published by Springer Verlag in the Lecture Notes in Computer Science series.
Submission deadline: 1 November 2020
Conference: 7-9 April 2021
welcome submissions which use Artificial Intelligence techniques in the
generation, analysis and interpretation of Art, Music, Design,
Architecture and other artistic fields. Submissions must be at most 16
pages long, in Springer LNCS format. Each submission must be anonymised
for a double-blind review process. The deadline for submission is 1
November 2020. Accepted papers will be presented orally or as posters at
the event and included in the EvoMUSART proceedings published by
Springer Verlag in a dedicated volume of the Lecture Notes in Computer
Indicative topics include but are not limited to:
* Systems that create drawings, images, animations, sculptures, poetry, text, designs, webpages, buildings, etc.;
* Systems that create musical pieces, sounds, instruments, voices, sound effects, sound analysis, etc.;
* Systems that create artefacts such as game content, architecture, furniture, based on aesthetic and/or functional criteria;
Systems that resort to artificial intelligence to perform the analysis
of image, music, sound, sculpture, or some other types of artistic
* Systems in which artificial intelligence is used to promote the creativity of a human user;
* Theories or models of computational aesthetics;
* Computational models of emotional response, surprise, novelty;
* Representation techniques for images, videos, music, etc.;
* Surveys of the current state-of-the-art in the area;
* New ways of integrating the user in the process (e.g. improvisation, co-creation, participation).
More information on the submission process and the topics of EvoMUSART can be found at: www.evostar.org/2021/evomusart
Papers published in EvoMUSART can be found at:https://evomusart-index.dei.uc.pt
We look forward to seeing you in Seville in 2021!
The EvoMUSART 2021 organisers
Nereida Rodríguez-Fernandez (publication chair)