Overview of members star Party

prajakta wani

Jan 18, 2015, 11:12:56 PM1/18/15
to coep-as...@googlegroups.com

The most awaited event of the Club!! yeah! THE MEMBERS STAR PARTY!
The star gazing at the foothills of Rajgad went very well as usual, and with a great coordination and support of all members. With the team of 25, we started this memorable journey at 4.30 pm. Nearly after 2 hrs journey, complemented with Antakshari at the beginning and then by a very interesting game "Mafia" introduced by Amey Supnekar . We didn't realize how this hrs went off and then we reached the village at foothills of Rajgad. After 20-30 mins of trek we were at the actual site of observation. The members showed their skills in quickly setting up the scopes.But then we realized that we have forgotten the screws to fit the mount on a tripod but kudos to Kaustubh Kukade and Ameya Supnekar, as these guys managed to set the sky Watcher scope by using some other screws. And thus we were all set for observations!
Sarang gave a brief idea of all the constellations along with it's mythological significance.
This year's star gazing was very informative and full of observations, we saw 3 Planets, beautiful nebulae, and messier objects , pinwheel galaxy, Comet Lovejoy and many more where Omkar Yarguddi helped us to locate them. Akshay Bairagi, me and Rathin Deshpande were finally successful in aligning up the new automated scope after 12 attempts tongue emoticon, Hats off to your patience guys smile emoticon
We really missed Payas's ghost stories, but this time omkar did it for us by narrating horror oneliners ferociously! Thus the overnight star gazing came to an end with onecof the beautiful clusters "jewel box" and the crescent moon. In a nut shell, the wild cold also gave up to break our excitement and thus we all stood up awake amidst the stary night!

(photos will be posted soon)