Fwd: Public Outreach and Education Committee, ASI

Mohit Karve

Nov 3, 2014, 2:19:05 PM11/3/14
to COEP Astronomy Club

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Public Outreach <asi....@gmail.com>
Date: 3 November 2014 10:18
Subject: Public Outreach and Education Committee, ASI

Dear Telescope owners,

(Please consider this an invite to volunteer with us, and please also forward this to any amateur astronomy clubs that you may know of, or belong to)

The Astronomical Society of India (ASI), established in 1972, is the primary association of astronomers in India. Recently, during the ASI 2014 meeting, a 8-member committee for public outreach and education was formed. This committee is tasked with organising as well as collaborating on outreach activities for the Society. To this effect, we would like to work closely with organisations as well as individuals from across the country.

Hence, we would like to establish links with your astronomy club. Our mandate as well as our list of members can be found on our website. We have initiated preliminary plans for some outreach activities for the immediate future, which can be found on our website and is also attached as a poster.

We request you to let your colleagues know about the committee by display this letter on your noticeboard or emailing it internally, along with the attached poster.

We also request you to send us the names of one or two people in your club with whom we can correspond in the future and coordinate outreach activities jointly. Please do also email us about the activities of your club.

We can only be successful in this venture with help from people from across the country. Hence, we invite students, postdocs, faculty and others to work with us (in many ways, viz, organise events, give talks, create content, translate material etc). Those who would like to volunteer with us in any of these capacities can register on our website.

With best wishes, and looking forward to working with you,

Dr. Nandivada Rathnasree
Chairperson, Public Outreach and Education Committee, ASI

----

--
A true gentleman is one who is never unintentionally rude - Oscar Wilde
Poster3icons.jpg