Project suggestion for Technocraft

NIKIT DONGAONKAR

Feb 17, 2014, 10:15:55 AM2/17/14
to COEP Astronomy Club
Hello All,
I have a suggestion for Technocraft conducted every year.

As we know every year we conduct mobile planetarium during annual Technical fest in college.

Why not make our own dome this time ?

As we know the dome we currently use is costly and works on air.
We can make a fold-able dome made of card board.

Please find link below showing all the details.

We need to work on making dome other things needed are to be purchased from market.

We need to buy only Half Dome mirror to project in the dome.

--
NIKIT DONGAONKAR

Mohit Karve

Feb 17, 2014, 10:22:58 AM2/17/14
to NIKIT DONGAONKAR, COEP Astronomy Club
That's a cool idea, and doesn't seem very hard. The only difficult bit might be to get that half dome mirror. We have discussed using stellarium in the planetarium in the past, and tried to source one of these mirrors with no success. However, I imagine this should be easier to find and buy in the US, and I'm sure there will be an astro club member headed to India from the US reasonably frequently. Let me (or anyone else in the US) know if members are serious about building this, and we'll be happy to help out.

Cheers
MK

A true gentleman is one who is never unintentionally rude - Oscar Wilde

NIKIT DONGAONKAR

Feb 17, 2014, 11:22:37 AM2/17/14
to Mohit Karve, COEP Astronomy Club

prati...@gmail.com

Feb 17, 2014, 11:56:55 AM2/17/14
to Mohit Karve, NIKIT DONGAONKAR, COEP Astronomy Club

prati...@gmail.com

Feb 17, 2014, 11:58:32 AM2/17/14
to NIKIT DONGAONKAR, Mohit Karve, COEP Astronomy Club
Check the link that i have send . If we are serious about it , then we need to talk to alumni association asap.

http://www.coepalumni.net/project/2

thanks,
pratik chaudhari