A review of 2013

Sarang Karpate

Jan 8, 2014, 3:38:35 AM1/8/14
to coep-as...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys,

With the coming of the new year, it's about time to have a quick glance on what the club has done the last year. So, here is 2013 for you:

0) The club gets its new working headquarters in the AC Building. With a few touches here and there, the room has now become a second home.

1) The club had its inauguration on 13th Aug in the Mini-Auditorium & the event was a grand success! We were really able to reach out to the crowd.

2) Shortly thereafter, the Club agenda for this year's session was planned out.

3) The club had a visit to IUCAA on 19th Sep for a lecture conducted by Dr.Mason on the topic " Our Dynamic Sun ". The session was very informative indeed!

4) Coming up next, was the much awaited MindSpark event "Stareway to Heaven". From 26th -28th Sept 2013, the club managed to get a whooping count of 968 audience participations! Kudos to the team for such a grand feat.

5) Right after "Stareway", the club also hosted the talk of the revered Jayant Narlikar at COEP on 2nd Oct. It was truly an honor to be able to interact with a man of his stature!
    *Really commend the members' efforts here, for we had our tests from the very next day.

6) After our exams were done with, we began with interview sessions for the "Autoscope Project" : involving the automation of the 12" Newtonian Telescope. The team was formed & the planning phase started. ( ~ 25th Nov)

7) Even though we had our winter vacations, the Autoscope team managed to stay in touch and was able to communicate with the help of a software called Trello. The work still continues....

This was 2013 for the club. Next post : "Member's Star party 2014" - A great way to start off the new year! :)

Kshitija Deshpande

Jan 8, 2014, 10:18:09 AM1/8/14
to Sarang Karpate, COEP Astronomy Club
Great work! Thanks for posting this. Keep us posted with such wonderful updates!

Happy new year,
Kshitija

jayesh mutha

Jan 9, 2014, 7:44:40 AM1/9/14
to COEP Astronomy Club

Congratulations for completing another year with lot of events.

Jayesh