Installing McMyAdmin issue (Mac)

Molly Whuppie

Apr 8, 2016, 10:10:46 AM4/8/16
to Coding in Minecraft
Hi, I am trying to follow the guide in the book, and am at the part where I install McMyAdmin. I am on a Mac (Yosemite 10.10.5) and whenever I try to do the command wget it tells me the command is not found. I've done a quick google and some places say I could try "curl -O <url>" and some say I can install wget but to do that I have to install "brew" or xcode or some other programs... I guess I am not sure what I actually need to do and don't want to just randomly try things.. Any advice?

Jim Christian

Apr 8, 2016, 10:26:09 PM4/8/16
to Coding in Minecraft
Hi Molly

Thanks for writing in, and apologies that the initial instructions aren't working to install McMyAdmin. It seems to be a stumbling block for more than a few people.

I would recommend that you install homebrew - it's a package manager for the Mac that allows you to install tools and software that wasn't initially distributed by Apple. There's no risk of malware or anything nasty getting on to your computer by installing it.

Follow the instructions to install brew at http://brew.sh (the command in the terminal is:

After you've got Homebrew installed, you can then install wget:

brew install wget

And that should do the trick!

Please let me know how you get on.

Code on!
Jim

Molly Whuppie

Apr 9, 2016, 8:25:41 AM4/9/16
to Coding in Minecraft
Thanks for the quick reply, I shall give that a go.

paulwr...@gmail.com

Apr 27, 2016, 11:17:12 PM4/27/16
to Coding in Minecraft
I had the same problem. The code above worked fine for me.

Paul