Scratch and Minecraft, or Scratch and Python, not in sync

Miguel

Jul 17, 2016, 7:59:54 AM7/17/16
to Coding in Minecraft
Hello everyone,

My problem in getting started is somewhat similar, maybe somewhat different to that of the previous poster. I have followed the instructions religiously. Running PC with Windows 10.

- server works fine according to McMyAdmin
- Minecraft works well, correct version in use
- Minecraft finds the server and is able to connect to it
- Scratch installed ok,experimental script in use
- Python ok
- when I run the Python script or when I stop it (CTRL+c), the "McMyAdmin Personal" window reacts to it ("closed connection to..." "opened connection to...") so this connection seems to be ok.

- When I run the Scratch program, nothing happens in Minecraft

- Python 2.7.12 Shell window stays very short, after intro there are only these 3 lines of text:

RESTART: C:\Users\XYZ\Downloads\mcpi-scratch-master\mcpi-scratch-master\mcpi-scratch.py
INFO:__main__:Namespace(host=None)
INFO:__main__:Starting server, use <Ctrl-C> to stop

No more text ever comes to this window.

What is your diagnosis? What is the way forward?

Thanks a lot in advance,
Mika

emerson...@gmail.com

Aug 3, 2016, 11:20:58 AM8/3/16
to Coding in Minecraft
Hello,

I have the same problem. I can not solve it.

emerson...@gmail.com

Aug 3, 2016, 11:26:06 AM8/3/16
to Coding in Minecraft

Hello,
I have the same problem. I can not solve it.

See MCPI -PY is not connected.

Jim Christian

Aug 11, 2016, 3:52:47 PM8/11/16
to Coding in Minecraft
Sorry for the late reply, everyone. I'll see if I can duplicate the steps and figure this out for you.

emerson...@gmail.com

Aug 12, 2016, 11:05:10 AM8/12/16
to Coding in Minecraft
Ok Jim.
I am Brazilian, I live in Macaé (Rio de Janeiro). I'm looking forward to playing with my daughter.
I'll be waiting for your response.

wacke...@gmx.de

Aug 19, 2016, 3:53:59 AM8/19/16
to Coding in Minecraft
Hi Jim,
I've a very similar problem to Miguel and emerson:
- McMyAdmin works and I can run the 1.64 Mincraft server version (with CraftBukkit & RasperryJuice set up correctly I think / hope)
- Imported MCPI-Scratch.S2E into scratch and I can see new blocks under "More Blocks"
- when I run mcpi-scratch.py I get the following output

= RESTART: C:\Users\Dominik\Mcpi-Scratch\mcpi-scratch-master\mcpi-scratch.py =

INFO:__main__:Namespace(host=None)
INFO:__main__:Starting server, use <Ctrl-C> to stop
DEBUG:__main__:poll: 1
DEBUG:__main__:call mc

In your tutorial video the python shell starts outputting coordinates and in Scratch the little red dot next to "MCPI-Py" turns from red to green.
I don't see coordinates and in Scratch my little red dot stays red :-(

Can you please have a look.
Many thanks
Joerg

p.s.: Thanks for the effort you've put into this!!

Jim Christian

Aug 19, 2016, 9:26:15 AM8/19/16
to Coding in Minecraft
Thanks - I'm really puzzled that people are getting this error. I've got a development environment set back up on my computer to test it out. Might take me a little while!

Can I just make sure that everyone is following the startup order? I realise that this is the equivalent of asking "have you tried turning it off and back on again"!

1. Start McMyAdmin and your CraftBukkit server
2. Start a Minecraft game linked to your local McMyAdmin server
3. Open up Scratch, and enable the experimental plugin
3. Launch IDLE, and from the File menu select ‘Open’.
4. Navigate to the mcpi-scratch.py file in your mcpi-scratch folder. (img)
5. Select ‘Run Module’ from the Run menu in IDLE. A new window will open displaying the output of the Python program running. It is safe to minimise it and carry on. (img)
You should now position your Scratch and Minecraft windows side-by-side to view everything that’s happening.

tjs...@hotmail.com

Aug 25, 2016, 7:00:29 PM8/25/16
to Coding in Minecraft
Hi Jim

I'd also like help with this please, have followed those steps in that order, but nothing happens in Minecraft.

Thanks
Tom

tjs...@hotmail.com

Aug 26, 2016, 6:22:58 AM8/26/16
to Coding in Minecraft
Spent a lot of time last night repeating the steps and couldn't get it to work, but this morning it worked fine!

No idea what the problem was.

Worth mentioning that I was only ever getting the 3 lines of text in the Python shell window last night (as mentioned by Mika above). Today it's streaming text out constantly.

Seems to be something with the mcpi-scratch.py file needed to be reset overnight...

simonr...@gmail.com

Aug 27, 2016, 2:49:45 PM8/27/16
to Coding in Minecraft
Hi, I had the same problem and then I read this from another thread on here. The old version of the plugin fixed the problem for me. http://codinginminecraft.com/forum/?place=msg%2Fcoding-in-minecraft%2FFMwrcjazXFM%2FmsajDRLmDQAJ