IDLE

paulwr...@gmail.com

Apr 29, 2016, 3:26:20 AM4/29/16
to Coding in Minecraft
Hi
I am running OS X El capitan. I have installed python 2.7.11.  I now have two extra apps in my launchpad. They are IDLE and PYTHON launcher.

My problem is that i can only get the python shell to appear. I don't know how too make the menu appear.

When i launch IDLE I only get the shell.

Any ideas

Paul

Jim Christian

Apr 29, 2016, 3:49:08 AM4/29/16
to Coding in Minecraft
Hi Paul

Are you able to post a screenshot of what happens when you launch IDLE?

Thanks
Jim

paulwr...@gmail.com

Apr 29, 2016, 4:38:12 AM4/29/16
to Coding in Minecraft

file:///Users/Paul/Desktop/Screen%20Shot%202016-04-29%20at%206.29.18%20PM.png

It was a struggle.

paulwr...@gmail.com

Apr 30, 2016, 6:20:19 AM4/30/16
to Coding in Minecraft
After a lot of googling i found a way to open the file. Just press  Ctrl-O and then navigate to the required file.

Jim Christian

Apr 30, 2016, 3:03:56 PM4/30/16
to Coding in Minecraft
Great - glad to hear that you found a solution!

Jim