[Event] PyWeek #23

1 view

Vicky Twomey-Lee

Feb 13, 2017, 5:37:03 PM2/13/17
to pythonie, pyladie...@googlegroups.com, coding...@googlegroups.com
From Daniel Pope's email to Python UK mailing list, this might of of interest to you.

PyWeek, the Python games programming contest, is coming up next week.

Many of you will have heard me bang on about PyWeek quite a lot over the years - if so, sorry! It's a games programming contest where you are challenged to write a game from scratch, in a week. You don't need to spend a whole week - I just do evenings, for example - and winning games have been written in an afternoon.

This week is theme voting week, in which we vote on theme options. The winning theme - to which games must somehow be linked - will be announced on Sunday 00:00 UTC when the contest starts. The options this time are:
    • A Flight to Remember
    • The Lesser of Two Evils
    • Cold Warriors
    • Obsoletely Fabulous
    • Insane in the Mainframe
Do any of these plant the seed of inspiration in your brain? Perhaps you could create a 2D game with Pygame or a 3D game with OpenGL... or maybe a web-based game with Flask... or perhaps an immersive augmented reality game played out over social media, chaperoned by the mysterious @Ajax (Oooh, I might do this myself!).

The point is: challenge yourself to do something creative; stretch your Python muscles; finish something; have people play it and send you feedback. You can enter as a team or as an individual. Why not register an entry and give it a go?

Sign up at https://pyweek.org/register/ and register an entry at https://pyweek.org/23/entry_add/

Cheers,

/// Vicky