Hospital Waiting List #CitizenTech HackDay

1 view

Flora Fleischer

Mar 19, 2017, 7:32:53 PM3/19/17
to Coding Grace

Dear all,

I am working for a non-profit organisation in Ireland called Open Knowledge Ireland and we are running a Hackathon next Saturday 25th March from 10am – 5.30pm focussed on using Hospital Wait time data which has recently been made available in machine readable format. This is a hot topic right now with the recent revelations about ever growing hospital wait times & lists and its impact on Irish citizens.

The HackDay will be a good opportunity collaborate with citizens, patients, developers, designers, data analysts, etc. to solve a social & health related problem that affects all of us and the topic is ‘Hospital Waiting Lists’. We would like to extend the invite to this group to see if some of you may be interested in joining and supporting the hackathon for the greater good. It is run by OK Ireland (Open Data SMEs) in collaboration with the Department of Public Expenditure and Reform and results will be published and inform open data policy for Ireland. If some f you want to get involved, help with or own a part of this project this would be an ideal opportunity and would provide some visibility of your work across the web.

Non-profit Hackathon on Hospital Wait Time Data for the greater good

Date: 25 March 2017

Time: 10am – 6pm

Venue: Dovetail Technologies, Guinness Enterprise Centre, Taylor's Lane, Dublin 8, Ireland (Location)

The event is free but registration is required: https://ti.to/open-knowledge-ireland/Waiting-List-Workshop-1

More Info: http://openknowledge.ie/events/

Any questions? flora.f...@openknowledge.ie

Goal of the Hackathon: The goal of the hackathon is twofold: 1) Understand the needs of patients & citizens around hospital wait times & frame the problem areas with hospital waiting list that have the biggest impact on patients in Ireland, and 2) address the real life problem in a viable, impactful way using the user experience design & digital technology expertise that we’re hoping some of you might be able to lend.

We want to understand the develop some useful tools, visualisations and applications that will allow citizens to make informed decision as to where to seek treatment and allow citizens to hold health service providers accountable to high performance goals. The workshop offers a relaxed environment (bites, lunch, tea & coffee, drinks) and is designed to link up those who are suffering from long hospital wait times (patients & citizens), with those that have relevant data (public service, HSE, NTPF) and with those that are able to use the data and build tools, applications and products for the benefit of patients and all citizens (professionals like you with analytics skills J).

We think members of this community could support the following aspects and we (OK Ireland) would be delighted to work together & collaborate:

·        Front and back end web design & build

·        Hosting & technology expertise

·       Data visualisation & hosting

·        User story development

·        User journey mapping

·        Formulating recommendations for requirements to build to build tools around health service provision that benefit citizens

… but we are also very much open to any ideas & innovative ways you can bring to this topic of making hospital Wait Time data useful to citizens.

Workshop Title Slide Pic.jpg

Many thanks & again, any questions let me know.

Flora

OK ireland