Re: [Coding for Kids] Digest for coding-for-kids@googlegroups.com - 2 Messages in 1 Topic

Dorine Flies

Apr 9, 2012, 6:27:57 AM4/9/12
to coding-...@googlegroups.com
Hi you should also talk to your local BCS (British Computer Society) but talking to your nearest school would be a good start. What age group are you aiming at and where in the country are you?

Cheers
Dorine

On Mon, Apr 9, 2012 at 3:19 AM, <coding-...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Group: http://groups.google.com/group/coding-for-kids/topics

    zleap <ru...@zleap.net> Apr 08 08:47AM -0700

    Hi

    Just wondered what sort of funding was available or other streams of
    financial help there was for computer groups just starting out.

    The group I am setting up is being run by Youth services or rather
    what is left of it after loads of cuts, so I doubt local council will
    have funds available.

    Anyone got any experience, I would have thought people like google /
    apple would be supportive of groups such as this, perhaps there is a
    way to get free books etc

    Paul

    Jez Dean <jez...@gmail.com> Apr 08 10:53AM -0700

    You don't need money to set up a computer group. All you need is space,
    computers and volunteers.

    Volunteers can be recruited from businesses (see BT IT Ambassadors or other
    company schemes, or regular folks in your locality) and space can be
    obtained through writing to businesses, using a school's IT suite, or your
    council's offices.

    Check out http://coderdojo.com/ for ideas; they're a great organisation
    helping others set up coding clubs.

    Jeremy.

    On Sunday, 8 April 2012 16:47:29 UTC+1, zleap wrote:

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Group coding-for-kids.
You can post via email.
To unsubscribe from this group, send an empty message.
For more options, visit this group.

--
Coding for Kids
http://codingforkids.org/ @codingforkids