For our next session, we decided to:
- Have a better introduction to the coding dojo so the newcomers
won't feel lost about the goals and rules (responsible: me)
- Have wireless "generic" keyboard and mouse so people won't
struggle with my macbook (responsible: youDevise)
Is there any other idea you want to see in place for the next
session? If so, it's time to share it!
Some ideas that helped us with our initial dojos:
* Clear and posted rules - baby steps, happy path, TDD, even more radical things like "three or fewer parameters per method" or "one dot per line".
* Firm moderation - moderator steps in when we abandon agreed rules, especially baby steps or TDD
* Feed baby-step stories to team on cards - e.g.
"Parse any single digit and output its value"
"Parse any string of digits and output array of values"
and so on
About the other ideas I'll take into consideration as well. It seems
clear we need to make sure everyone understand the rules and if needed
I can enforce them at least on the initial dojos.