Next dojo - January 28th (Wed)

Ivan Sanchez

Jan 23, 2009, 8:14:06 AM1/23/09
to coding-do...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

As usual, the next session is coming and we have to define our
challenge. Any ideas?

Also, we'll need a non-Mac laptop this time. Since I don't have one,
if we have a volunteer to bring one it would be excellent.

If we I forgot something please let me know.

Cheers,
--
Ivan Sanchez
http://www.isanchez.net

ChristianJohnsen

Jan 24, 2009, 3:57:38 PM1/24/09
to Coding Dojo London

And what programming language this time?

Ivan Sanchez

Jan 24, 2009, 7:06:22 PM1/24/09
to coding-do...@googlegroups.com
We were thinking about ruby again, but we can try something else if
people feel like it. Do you have something in mind?

Ivan Sanchez

Jan 24, 2009, 7:09:42 PM1/24/09
to coding-do...@googlegroups.com
By the way, I'd like to suggest Minesweeper for this session. I've
been in a few dojos with this challenge but always in Java:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minesweeper_(computer_game)

What do you guys think?

Danilo Sato

Jan 24, 2009, 8:07:09 PM1/24/09
to coding-do...@googlegroups.com
I like this problem as well. I also have been using it in a couple of sessions as a prepared Kata, so if you guys want, I can present one solution in Ruby.
--
Danilo Sato
www.dtsato.com

Ivan Sanchez

Jan 25, 2009, 5:40:07 AM1/25/09
to coding-do...@googlegroups.com
That would be great!

Is anyone against having a Kata instead of Randori this time?
Otherwise I'll ask Skillsmatter to update the website tomorrow.

Ivan

Ivan Sanchez

Jan 26, 2009, 9:35:35 AM1/26/09
to coding-do...@googlegroups.com
Just a quick reminder. If you are attending the next session please
don't forget to register:

http://skillsmatter.com/event/agile-scrum/coding-dojo-227

Cheers,
Ivan

balia

Jan 27, 2009, 10:03:14 AM1/27/09
to Coding Dojo London
Hi Guys,

It's actually good idea to have kata..
If something is expected from us pls let us know.

Cheers,

Abdenour.

On Jan 26, 2:35 pm, Ivan Sanchez <s4nc...@gmail.com> wrote:
>   Just a quick reminder. If you are attending the next session please
> don't forget to register:
>
>  http://skillsmatter.com/event/agile-scrum/coding-dojo-227
>
>    Cheers,
> Ivan
>
> On Sun, Jan 25, 2009 at 10:40 AM, Ivan Sanchez <s4nc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >  That would be great!
>
> >  Is anyone against having a Kata instead of Randori this time?
> > Otherwise I'll ask Skillsmatter to update the website tomorrow.
>
> > Ivan
>
> > On Sun, Jan 25, 2009 at 1:07 AM, Danilo Sato <dts...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> I like this problem as well. I also have been using it in a couple of
> >> sessions as a prepared Kata, so if you guys want, I can present one solution
> >> in Ruby.

ChristianJohnsen

Jan 27, 2009, 1:05:52 PM1/27/09
to Coding Dojo London
A Kata sound interesting (admittedly just looked up what it is -
something like a prepared demonstration of a coding problem (a coding
lecture? )). I'm gonna have a look to see if I can learn enough Ruby
in a day to follow the Kata.

/Christian