Do I need any specific skills to attend?

Andy Madge

Jan 9, 2009, 7:46:37 AM1/9/09
to Coding Dojo London
I'm thinking about attending next Wednesday, but I'm concerned that my
experience may not be up to scratch.

I do have a software engineering degree but my job experience is
mostly in the sysadmin area rather than programming. Programming
experience is degree stuff from 10 years ago + some recent PHP
websites. My intention is to move jobs into a developer role as
that's what really interests me.

I have no experience of Ruby, apart from reading a few tutorials here
and there. Do you think I'm likely to be able to contribute if I
attend?

Ivan Sanchez

Jan 9, 2009, 12:13:46 PM1/9/09
to coding-do...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andy,

  You're welcome to join us. We don't ask for any specific skill, so in worst case you'll feel a bit lost and we'll be there to help. I believe it will be a good chance to see how people work and that you won't find in any tutorial.

  Please feel free to tell me if you don't feel confortable enough to code if I ask you to pair up with someone. Apart from that, I hope you enjoy the experience.

Cheers,
Ivan