Unable to access boot/directory while running install.sh file

Abid Uzair

Feb 17, 2019, 3:12:15 AM2/17/19
to codeworld-discuss

Hello,

I am looking to spend time on this open source software to decode how this project works and hopefully contribute back. As a first step, I wanted to run it on my local machine and so I began the build process through `./install.sh` command. The installation process came to halt when it reached boot/directory. It shows the following error:

boot-directory-error.png

I am not sure what is the underlying cause for this fatal error. In order to test, I am trying to re-install again to see if it was an issue of network connectivity or otherwise. Since the installation takes a lot of time, I would like to take the help of the CodeWorld community to throw some light on this matter so that I can resolve this issue at the earliest. I would be thankful for your thoughts.

Also, I have been actively using CodeWorld to build useful things with Haskell and the experience gets better every day. Thank you for this.
Regards,
Abid Uzair

Abid Uzair

Feb 17, 2019, 8:16:06 AM2/17/19
to codeworld-discuss
I tried running the install shell script again and met with the similar fate. I am not sure whether the issue is on the project side or package side. I have raised an [issue](https://github.com/haskell/directory/issues/91) in the `haskell/directory' project

Abid Uzair

Feb 18, 2019, 4:36:03 AM2/18/19
to codeworld-discuss
Is there any update on this issue? Please do let me know and any possible efforts I can make, I shall do it.