CodeWorld is upgrading to GHCJS 8.6!

Chris Smith

Jun 6, 2019, 9:24:19 PM6/6/19
to codeworl...@googlegroups.com
Hey everyone,

Just a heads-up that, now that the school year is over in most places, I'm going to update the CodeWorld production site to GHC 8.6.  This should have almost no impact at all for users of CodeWorld's simplified Haskell dialect.  For users of CodeWorld's FULL Haskell mode, there are a few breaking changes that accompany this upgrade (for example, use of pattern matching in a do block now requires the MonadFail type class constraint).

This will be accompanied by some downtime, so I'll wait until later at night to start the update.

Thanks,
Chris

Chris Smith

Jun 7, 2019, 3:20:22 AM6/7/19
to codeworl...@googlegroups.com
The upgrade is now complete.  Let me know if you notice anything amiss.