Package request

Pander

Nov 17, 2008, 6:51:59 AM11/17/08
to code...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I've filed a code_swarm package request for Ubuntu in Launchpad:
Please contribute any ideas on that page.

I hope this can merge the different forks and patches and offer it easily
to Ubuntu users.

Regards,

Pander

Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso

Nov 17, 2008, 11:59:52 AM11/17/08
to Pander, code...@googlegroups.com
2008/11/17 Pander <pan...@users.sourceforge.net>:

> I've filed a code_swarm package request for Ubuntu in Launchpad:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/297162
> Please contribute any ideas on that page.

The non-free requirement of sun-java-jdk6 is unfortunate... and I
think it's unnecessary! I've successfully managed to create code
swarms with OpenJDK. Consider at least making it optional to depend on
the free Java implementation, which is supposed to be the
officially-sanctioned implementation soon.

Yes, the merging of forks would be nice too.

I think I'll wait a little while before filing an ITP for Debian too.
We could work together on this.

- Jordi G. H.

Michael Ogawa

Nov 18, 2008, 11:26:34 PM11/18/08
to Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso, Pander, code...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I haven't tried OpenJDK myself, so if it works with code_swarm, great!
The docs can be changed to reflect this. I believe the reason we chose
the Sun implementation was to differentiate from gcj, which didn't
work.

Michael