tarballs gone?

Paul Wise

Mar 30, 2014, 7:18:46 AM3/30/14
to code...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I noticed the domain storing the tarballs no longer exists. Is that
intentional or a temporary situation? If it is intentional, would it be
possible to host the tarballs and their OpenPGP signatures on github
instead? The github releases feature should allow that.

--
bye,
pabs

http://bonedaddy.net/pabs3/
signature.asc

Lucas De Marchi

Mar 30, 2014, 8:04:43 AM3/30/14
to code...@googlegroups.com

Hi Paul,

Em 30/03/2014 08:18, "Paul Wise" <pa...@bonedaddy.net> escreveu:

> Hi all,
>
> I noticed the domain storing the tarballs no longer exists. Is that
> intentional or a temporary situation? If it is intentional, would it be
> possible to host the tarballs and their OpenPGP signatures on github
> instead? The github releases feature should allow that.

I still have the files and I will move them to github.  Sorry but I couldn't do this before the server shutdown.

--
Lucas De Marchi

Lucas De Marchi

Apr 2, 2014, 6:31:09 AM4/2/14
to code...@googlegroups.com
Just got the tarballs. But it seems github doesn't
allow me to upload them. They just have the braindead idea of
git-archive-is-your-tarball? Yep, when creating a new tag it's
possible to attach random files, but not for tags that already exist.

Am I missing anything in the github ui?

Otherwise I think I'll upload it to my server. But it would be good to
let git and tarballs in the same place.

--

Lucas De Marchi

Lucas De Marchi

Apr 7, 2014, 8:52:48 AM4/7/14
to code...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Apr 2, 2014 at 7:31 AM, Lucas De Marchi
So, I uploaded all tarballs to my server:

http://politreco.com/pub/codespell/

README is updated to contain the new locations, too. I plan to do a
new release this week.

--
Lucas De Marchi