Comparison View does not show results

Stefan Marr

Mar 5, 2012, 4:05:27 AM3/5/12
to code...@googlegroups.com
Hi:

[sorry, hadn't had the time to dive into the code this time :(]

I have trouble with the comparison view for small experiments.
To me it looks like it does not show the data if there is only a single revision with benchmark results on the branch. Example: http://bit.ly/As7Pib ([1])

I cross-checked the data base, and the results are there.

Might it be that the comparison view works based on reports?
I don't remember what the logic was when the reports are created, but they aren't created immediately as far as I remember.

If this is actually the case, it would also be great if I could actually verify which revision the results show belong to.
Latest might not actually be what I expect it to be.
So, would be great, if the actual revision id of the results is also displayed somewhere.

Kind of unrelated, I haven't been able to follow the development, but is there any support for branches on the changes view or timeline?

Thanks a lot
Stefan

Steffen Schwigon

Mar 5, 2012, 5:35:11 AM3/5/12
to code...@googlegroups.com
Stefan Marr <goo...@stefan-marr.de> writes:
> Hi:
>
> [sorry, hadn't had the time to dive into the code this time :(]
>
> I have trouble with the comparison view for small experiments.

Is it maybe related to the problems I described in this thread:

* "latest" meditation
http://groups.google.com/group/codespeed/browse_thread/thread/7265764c1dfb6920

It boils down to rely on the tags “latest”.
Could your problem be similar?

Kind regards,
Steffen
--
Steffen Schwigon <s...@renormalist.net>
Dresden Perl Mongers <http://dresden-pm.org/>

Stefan Marr

Mar 6, 2012, 4:27:56 AM3/6/12
to code...@googlegroups.com
Hi Steffen:

On Monday, March 5, 2012 11:35:11 AM UTC+1, Steffen Schwigon wrote:

It boils down to rely on the tags “latest”.
Could your problem be similar?

The thing is, it shows me bars if there is at least a second set of benchmarking results for that branch in the database.

My impression is rather that there is a small glitch perhaps related to report creation or so, that does not pic up the actual latest results (perhaps only for the special case of the first commit on a branch).

Best regards
Stefan

Miquel Torres

Mar 6, 2012, 2:26:10 PM3/6/12
to code...@googlegroups.com
Hi Stefan,

It looks like there is a problem indeed (the query itself also seems to take ages (10sec), so that at first sight it looks like its broken)

It shouldn't have anything to do with report creation though, as that is only used in the RSS feed and the changes view diff/trend table. We'll have to look elsewhere for that.