Using multiple Codespeed Instances side-by-side?

Stefan Marr

Oct 14, 2015, 4:09:16 AM10/14/15
to codespeed
Hi:

Is there a good way to easily use multiple codespeed instances side-by-side?
By now I am using it for many different things, so that I am running more and more into the limitations of the user interface.
So, I was thinking the easiest solution would be to run multiple instances side-by-side.

I am currently using a deployment with gunicorn and nginx to run my codespeed instance.
The internet tells me that I should run a separate gunicorn for each copy, and have nginx use a separate vhost for each.

Is there perhaps a better way/more light weight way?
I only got a rather small vserver, and I don't need the full isolation.
Ideally, I would be able to set it up in a way, that I only need to copy the instance-specific folder, change the name/template in the configuration, and initialize the database to get a new independent instance.

Is that perhaps possible with django?

Thanks
Stefan

Miquel Torres

Oct 14, 2015, 4:46:11 PM10/14/15
to code...@googlegroups.com
Hi Stefan,

If you just copy the folder and change the name of the db in the template, you have in fact a separate instance, but you still need to point a web server to it to route requests. How would you do that, in your example?

It would also be interesting to know what are the UI limitations that prevent you from using a multi project instance.

Miquel

Stefan Marr

Oct 14, 2015, 5:58:47 PM10/14/15
to codespeed
Hi Miquel:

On Wednesday, October 14, 2015 at 10:46:11 PM UTC+2, Miquel Torres wrote:
If you just copy the folder and change the name of the db in the template, you have in fact a separate instance, but you still need to point a web server to it to route requests. How would you do that, in your example?

Well, I had hoped there might just be something in Django or so, that I can point the gunicorn or so at a common root folder and it picks up the applications.
I have really no experience with Django. So, I was just hoping there might be something.
I mean, they could easily share the database, but I would like them to have separate changes/timeline/comparison views.

It would also be interesting to know what are the UI limitations that prevent you from using a multi project instance.

Take a look at http://som-speed.stefan-marr.de/comparison/ and /timeline

It is already super crowded and hard to select what one is really interested in.
Since those 'executables' are to some degree different projects, there might be overlap with benchmark sets, but not necessarily.
So, well, I thought the easiest thing would be to just put them into separate instances.

Best regards
Stefan