Resetting codespeed entirely ?

Kettch

Apr 5, 2012, 9:29:17 AM4/5/12
to codespeed
Hello,

I seemed to have a problem when configuring CodeSpeed, so I'd want to
reset it entirely so that I can start the configuration from scratch.
Is there any way to revert the DB setup and everything else entirely,
so that I can start back at the first step of configuration (python
manage.py syncdb) ?

Frank Becker

Apr 5, 2012, 11:46:49 AM4/5/12
to code...@googlegroups.com

On 05.04.2012, at 15:29, Kettch wrote:

Hi,

If you want to start at the level of syncdb just erase the DB.
Depending on the DB that needs different steps. In case you are using
the sqlite one you just have to rm the file.

Bye,

Frank

--
Frank Becker <f...@alien8.de> (jabber|mail) | http://twitter.com/41i3n8
GnuPG: 0xADC29ECD | F01B 5E9C 1D09 981B 5B40 50D3 C80F 7459 ADC2 9ECD

Miquel Torres

Apr 5, 2012, 2:59:24 PM4/5/12
to code...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

can you elaborate on the problem you had?

In any case, if you are just using the default sqlite you can just delete the file sqlite.sql and run
"python manage.py syncdb" again

Cheers,
Miquel

Kettch

Apr 11, 2012, 5:20:09 AM4/11/12
to codespeed
I was having various problems that I solved one by one :
- codespeed was complaining about missing isodate, so I installed it
- then I was getting errors about UTF-8 not being supported. I found a
workaround on OS X to avoid this problem

Given these problems, I ended up having passed the step where
codespeed asks for creation of an admin account, but since it failed,
I had no account. I ended up finding some way to create it anyway, but
it helps to reset everything to start again, because now I am getting
other errors when doing the 'migrate' step:
AttributeError: You are in a dry run, and cannot access the ORM.
Wrap ORM sections in 'if not db.dry_run:', or if the whole migration
is only a data migration, set no_dry_run = True on the Migration
class.

This install is getting ridiculous. The instructions on the github
look simple, but every single step ends up going wrong in some way...

With many hacks, I have managed to end up having the codespeed web
server running, but somehow, it wasn't displaying any graphs, even
when I was entering data. So I'm now trying to install it in a clean
way, but it's pretty hard...

On Apr 5, 8:59 pm, Miquel Torres <tob...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> can you elaborate on the problem you had?
>
> In any case, if you are just using the default sqlite you can just delete
> the file sqlite.sql and run
> "python manage.py syncdb" again
>
> Cheers,
> Miquel

Kettch

Apr 11, 2012, 6:03:48 AM4/11/12
to codespeed
Well, got around that bug, too.. I added "if not db.dry_run:" around
the code in the corresponding migration, as suggested in the error
message, and it went through..

Now I'm back to where I was when I first installed codespeed: no data
is displayed. I have an environment, a project, an executable, a
revision and some results. When I go to the 'timeline' view, I see
them on the left, but no graph is displayed. Where the graph should
be, I have a message stating 'No data found for the selected
options'...

Miquel Torres

Apr 13, 2012, 1:48:28 PM4/13/12
to code...@googlegroups.com
Regarding isodate, it is mentioned in the README that it is needed for Github integration, though it is not in the package dependencies in setup.py

I hand't heard about UTF-8 before. Could be OSX related.

The migration stuff is sometimes problematic, yes. I just created an issue to track that:
https://github.com/tobami/codespeed/issues/114

Regarding the empty graphs, do you see at least data in the 'changes' view?
If there is no sensitive info you could send the data.sql via email and I can have a look at the problem...