0.9.0 released

Miquel Torres

Jul 17, 2011, 5:49:01 AM7/17/11
to code...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

even though there are not many new features since 0.8.1, Frank has
completely refactored the code base into a Django App, a change which
may easily make newcomers trip over. So I thought it best to release
0.9 to have a new baseline for all to use.

Changes:
* NEW: Frank refactored the Django project and app. Now Codespeed is a
proper, installable Django app, and there is a sample project in the
"example" dir
* NEW: Upgraded to jQuery 1.6
* NEW #44: Stefan added an option to the timeline view for equidistant
data point plotting
* NEW: Permalinks are now id based for Environment, to shorten the
length and avoid problems related to url encoding, as well as to allow
changing the name without beaking the permalink
* FIX: Frank added a check for revision_date = "None" (as string),
caused by the
save_single_result.py sample script
* FIX: many other small fixes related to the app refactor

If no critical bugs appear in the next days, this will be the first
version ever uploaded to PyPI.
Miquel

Steffen Schwigon

Aug 4, 2011, 8:42:33 AM8/4/11
to code...@googlegroups.com
Miquel Torres <tob...@googlemail.com> writes:
> If no critical bugs appear in the next days, this will be the first
> version ever uploaded to PyPI.

[As I'm not so proficient with python…]

Does that mean codespeed would be installable with tools like
easy_install?

This would be great, it would help a lot in setup and maintenance.
Can you do the upload?

Thanks and regards,
Steffen
--
Steffen Schwigon <s...@renormalist.net>

Frank Becker

Aug 4, 2011, 11:16:14 AM8/4/11
to code...@googlegroups.com
On 8/4/11 2:42 PM, Steffen Schwigon wrote:
> Miquel Torres <tob...@googlemail.com> writes:

Hi,

>> If no critical bugs appear in the next days, this will be the first
>> version ever uploaded to PyPI.
>
> [As I'm not so proficient with python…]
>
> Does that mean codespeed would be installable with tools like
> easy_install?

Use pip. easy_install is there just to install pip ;).

> This would be great, it would help a lot in setup and maintenance.
> Can you do the upload?

Did you read the README?
https://github.com/tobami/codespeed/blob/master/example/README.md

I'm happy to improve it if things are unclear. Helps everyone.

Since you have to configure a few things for your very own codespeed
instance it's not possible to install it just via pip.
It would require an installer. Don't think it's worth it. However, if
you cp the example dir you can update codespeed via git without the risk
of conflicts.

Bye,

Frank

--
Frank Becker <f...@alien8.de> (jabber|mail) | http://twitter.com/41i3n8
GnuPG: 0xADC29ECD | F01B 5E9C 1D09 981B 5B40 50D3 C80F 7459 ADC2 9ECD

signature.asc

Steffen Schwigon

Aug 5, 2011, 6:00:25 AM8/5/11
to code...@googlegroups.com
Frank Becker <f...@alien8.de> writes:
> Since you have to configure a few things for your very own codespeed
> instance it's not possible to install it just via pip.

Understood. I just thought via pip the Django stuff would be
installable (without reading a README at all :-)) and then just the
example adaption would remain…

Kind regards,

Frank Becker

Aug 5, 2011, 2:17:56 PM8/5/11
to code...@googlegroups.com
On 8/5/11 12:00 PM, Steffen Schwigon wrote:
> Frank Becker <f...@alien8.de> writes:

Hi,

>> Since you have to configure a few things for your very own codespeed
>> instance it's not possible to install it just via pip.
>
> Understood. I just thought via pip the Django stuff would be
> installable (without reading a README at all :-)) and then just the
> example adaption would remain…

I wonder why the README is called that way ;)

For completeness, one can install codespeed via pip from the github.com
repo. I left an example in the example/requirements.txt for the Django
Debug Toolbar. E. g. if you want to install codespeed v0.9.0 via pip put
the following line in your requirement file
-e git://github.com/tobami/codesp...@0.9.0#egg=codespeed
and done.

The pip docu involves more examples:
http://www.pip-installer.org/en/latest/requirement-format.html
I'm afraid, that involves reading again ;)

signature.asc

Miquel Torres

Aug 7, 2011, 7:43:32 AM8/7/11
to code...@googlegroups.com
@Steffen: yeah, I'll look into uploading to PyPI, and we can look at
what steps remain after a pip install codespeed. I'll post as soon as
it is up.