Result Date Issues again

Acquaviva, Andrew

Jul 14, 2011, 10:01:24 AM7/14/11
to code...@googlegroups.com
Hello, again. I'm working with 0.8.1 and am having issues having the result date be anything other than the time that I upload the data.

In my dictionary for uploading data, I have revision_date commented out since it's optional anyway, and
result_date = datetime.fromtimestamp(revdate) where revdate is some time other than the current time.

Even with the example script save_single_result.py, when I feed it a date other than the current one in the correct format, it ignores it and still uses the current uploading date. Is there any way around that? I'd like to not use the current date if I can get away with it.

-Drew Acquaviva
FiPy Project

Frank Becker

Jul 15, 2011, 12:29:33 PM7/15/11
to code...@googlegroups.com
On Thu Jul 14 16:01:24 2011, Acquaviva, Andrew wrote:

Hi,

> Hello, again. I'm working with 0.8.1 and am having issues having the result
> date be anything other than the time that I upload the data.

What is the problem?

> In my dictionary for uploading data, I have revision_date commented out
> since it's optional anyway, and
> result_date = datetime.fromtimestamp(revdate) where revdate is some time
> other than the current time.

Can you please be a bit more specific? I just saved data w/
e. g.: result_date = datetime(2008, 3, 2)
Works fine.

Maybe you expect the result shown in the graph w/ it's result_date ?
Codespeed sorts it by revision_date.

Bye,

Frank

--
Frank Becker <f...@alien8.de> (jabber|mail) | http://twitter.com/41i3n8
GnuPG: 0xADC29ECD | F01B 5E9C 1D09 981B 5B40 50D3 C80F 7459 ADC2 9ECD

Miquel Torres

Jul 16, 2011, 3:20:42 PM7/16/11
to code...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I just checked (and improved upon) the unit test for custom result-
and revision_date. It is working well, both for master and 0.8.1.
As Frank asked, can you give us more details?

Acquaviva, Andrew

Jul 16, 2011, 4:26:04 PM7/16/11
to code...@googlegroups.com
I'm not sure what caused the original bug, as it was a few weeks ago that it started. However, after deleting the revisions in the /admin page and re-uploading the data, the desired date was attached to the data, so it's all clear now. Thanks.

-Drew Acquaviva
FiPy Project