Galera-4 sst method

daneeyxvi

May 2, 2023, 1:16:45 AM5/2/23
to codership
Hi guys! need some help on this.

I am doing a 2 node cluster in Galera and I want to setup its value in wsrep_sst_method as xtrabackup or xtrabackup-v2. Upon implementation I got errors but when I tried to change set it as rsync it works well. But it is not recommended for us to use rsync.

Here is the thing, I setup node 1 as "wsrep_sst_method=xtrabackup-v2" and it synced. The problem then comes in node 2, I also added this variable "wsrep_sst_method=xtrabackup-v2" in .conf file and it show errors but if I change it to another sst method value it syncs.

What should I do about this? I've already researched but there aren't any answers.

Colin Charles

May 31, 2023, 4:31:29 AM5/31/23
to codership
On Tuesday, May 2, 2023 at 1:16:45 PM UTC+8 daneeyxvi wrote:
Hi guys! need some help on this.

I am doing a 2 node cluster in Galera and I want to setup its value in wsrep_sst_method as xtrabackup or xtrabackup-v2. Upon implementation I got errors but when I tried to change set it as rsync it works well. But it is not recommended for us to use rsync.

firstly, the recommended is a 3-node, not 2-node cluster

Here is the thing, I setup node 1 as "wsrep_sst_method=xtrabackup-v2" and it synced. The problem then comes in node 2, I also added this variable "wsrep_sst_method=xtrabackup-v2" in .conf file and it show errors but if I change it to another sst method value it syncs.

might you paste the errors here? thanks