MariaDB 10.4.21 mariabackup sst donor stuck in Donor/Desynced even after the SST succeeds

Eric Howey

Nov 2, 2021, 5:16:23 PM11/2/21
to codership
Hello!

I have a 3 node cluster running on Rocky Linux 8. These servers are my staging environment running in Vultr in the same datacenter. However, this issue also occurs in my production environment with 3 bare metal servers connected to the same switch. I just prefer not to test/experiment on my production systems.

More often then not when using mariabackup, the donor is stuck in Donor/Desynced indefinitely even though the joiner has finished the sst and is Synced. Sometimes this issue will not occur, but it rarely works correctly. Attached are the following:

Donor Logs
Joiner Logs
mariadb config

Thank You!
Joiner.log
Donor.log
server.cnf

Gabor Orosz

Nov 3, 2021, 9:15:15 AM11/3/21
to codership
Hi,

I guess you are facing with the same issue that I had observed before. For demonstration and verification purposes, I developed a test case to reproduce the fault in a consistent manner:
As a mitigation, I loosened the join condition in Galera:

Best regards,
GOro

Eric Howey

Nov 3, 2021, 11:12:29 AM11/3/21
to codership
Thanks for the reply! Do think I should open a bug report somewhere for this?